Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last week Carly, my daughter, went to visit Grandpa in the hospital. Dad and Carly have been very close since the day she came home from China. There was an instant bond and my Dad has loved her dearly ever since that day. They had spent many hours together playing and I am sure that she has been one of the highlights of his life (Along with the other grandchildren, of course.).

Carly was quite upset the whole time she was there and just buried her face in our sides. She wanted to tell Grandpa, in a loving way with a little tongue in cheek, that she would marry a nice Jewish boy. This is what Grandpa advised her, in a half serious way, in the past. With me as her spokesman, the message was communicated to my unconscious father. Carly seemed happy that this was accomplished. Carly will always be with you in spirit Dad. She loves you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment